- Canon EOS R - digital camera - body only
54mm large diameter and short back focus
The RF mount on the EOS R camera has a large, 54mm internal diameter that enables impressive handling and provides increased flexibility for lens design. And thanks to the camera's mirrorless design, the lens's rear element can be much closer to the image plane. This reduced back focus distance, combined with the RF mount's 54mm diameter, helps facilitate lenses of stellar optical quality and stunning performance while enabling innovative compact camera and lens designs.
20mm flange focal distance with robustness for professional use
All RF lenses feature a 20mm flange focal distance, which is the distance from the lens mount to the surface of the image sensor. This flange focal distance balances the benefits of short back focus with the engineering requirements necessary for mount stability. Accordingly, the RF mount's flange focal distance ensures excellent optical performance while maintaining the mount rigidity and camera durability necessary for real-world operation.
12 pins for quickly communicating large amounts of information
With a robust 12 pin connection between the camera and the lens, the EOS R camera and RF lenses are able to communicate at a higher speed, transmitting a larger amount of data and information for incredibly fast AF, plus enhanced image stabilization and optimization.
30.3 megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor
The EOS R camera features a Canon-developed and produced 35mm full-frame CMOS sensor with approx. 30.3 effective megapixels. It employs the DIGIC 8 Image Processor to enhance the speed of operations across the board. This means fast, efficient performance and phenomenal image quality for big prints, impressive 4K video and more.
The EOS R camera has a standard ISO sensitivity range of 100-40000 for stills and 100-25600 for video (100-12800 for 4K video shooting). Combined with the EOS R camera's remarkable low-light AF performance, still and video shooting is possible even in dark situations in a variety of places and occasions.
Digital Lens Optimizer
The EOS R camera has an in-camera Digital Lens Optimizer that works with RF lenses (and EF/EF-S lenses with a Mount Adapter) to provide a substantial improvement in image quality. The Digital Lens Optimizer limits deterioration in image quality caused by low-pass filters or wide-aperture lens designs. It is particularly effective at correcting peripheral aberration, providing a high amount of detail for beautifully natural results. It's usable both during shooting and when developing RAW data, and does not affect continuous shooting speeds. Data from compatible EF and EF-S lenses is built into the camera, and data information from RF lenses is transferred near instantly through the EOS R's 12 pin communication system.
High-speed Focusing in 0.05 sec
The EOS R camera's highly responsive Dual Pixel CMOS AF system features an incredible 5,655 manually selectable AF points and can deliver sharp focus within approximately 0.05 seconds. This means fast action can be captured and focus can be maintained with speed, accuracy and ease. Whether taking candid photos in the park or making movies in an event space, the EOS R's fast AF helps ensure speedy, accurate and consistent AF.
Protect Your Purchase
- Select Warranty
- 2 Year Accident Protection for 70.95
- 3 Year Accident Protection for 94.95
Canon EOS R Mirrorless Digital Camera Product Specifications
- Face Detection Yes
- Face Detection Face Detection AF/AE
- Interface HDMI, USB 3.1, IEEE 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1
- Optical Sensor Type CMOS
- Auto Focus Features Focus Peaking function
- Extended ISO (Min) 50
- Extended ISO (Max) 51200 (H1), 102400 (H2)
- Native ISO 100-40000
- Auto Focus Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Effective Sensor Resolution 30,300,000
- Field of View Crop Factor 1.0
- Frame Rate (Max Resolution) 30 fps
- Image Recording Format JPEG, RAW, RAW + JPEG, C-RAW
- Auto Focus Points (Zones) Qty 5655
- Max Video Resolution 3840 x 2160
- Optical Sensor Size Full Frame (36 x 24 mm)
- Product Type Digital camera - 4K - mirrorless system with Live View mode, movie recording
- Image Processor DIGIC 8
- Sensor Features EOS Integrated Cleaning System
- Computer Connectivity Mac, Windows
- Sensor Dust Reduction Yes
- Lens Included Body only
- Print Standard DPOF support, Exif Print support, PictBridge support
- Total Pixels 31,700,000
- ISO (Max) 102400
- Audio Signal Format Linear PCM
- Sensor Resolution 30.3 Megapixel
- AE/AF Control Face-priority AF, Subject-tracking AF, Eye detection AF, Zone AF, Touch and Drag AF
- Connectivity Features Remote control via mobile devices, remote live view, Wireless Image Transfer, wireless image printing
- Digital Video Format H.264
- Lens Mounting Type Canon EOS R
- Type 3.15"" LCD display
- Display Form Factor Rotating
- Display Features Display brightness control, display color control, anti-smudge coating
- Display Format 2,100,000 pixels
- Touch Screen Yes
- Battery Life Details Photo shooting - 370 shots (at 23 °C (Live View mode)) \ Photo shooting - 350 shots (at 0 °C (Live View mode)) \ Photo shooting - 350 shots (at 0 °C (LCD Monitor off)) \ Photo shooting - 330 shots (at 0 °C (LCD Monitor off))
- Battery Type Canon LP-E6N lithium ion - manufacturer-specific
- Details 1 x Canon LP-E6N Li-ion rechargeable battery (included)